Wednesday, April 11, 2018

2018 Reading: Room

#6 A novel based on a real person


This book was phenomenal. I truly could not put it down once I got started on it. I've read a few books on the subject of people kidnapped and put into captivity (I Know My First Name Is Steven b y Steven Staynor, A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard, etc.) but this one was very unique in that it was, while being loosely based on true events of a boy named Felix Fritzl from Ausrtia, told from the child's perspective. To have grown up your entire life in one single room with no outside contact whatsoever is so foreign to us that we could not even begin to conceive a life for these people.

I literally cannot wrap my brain around it.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment