Wednesday, April 25, 2018

2018 Reading: Turtles All the Way Down

#18 A book with song lyrics in the title


My friend Tara showed me the video for the song 'Turtles All the Way Down' by Sturgill Simpson and I really enjoyed it. Then this book came out and I knew that I had to read not only because of the title but also because I simply love the books of John Green and have read all of his previous work so far and I hope that he writes more books in the future for me to enjoy.

I know that this book has been hailed as being a really good read as far as writing about OCD and similar mental illnesses, and I think all of them are correct. The descriptions of thought patterns and a sense of detachment  are by far the best way of replicating the effects of most of these afflictions that I have ever heard. And it never goes away. Never. That's just the simple and honest truth. There is no perfect ending. In fact, there is no ending at all. That's the whole point of the book itself.

It's turtles all the way down.

No comments:

Post a Comment