Tuesday, May 18, 2021

2021 Reading: Kissing Doorknobs

I read this book once when I was in middle school, I think. I remember that my friend Willow recommended it to me and I remember being so wowed by it. This book and the subject matter stuck with me for such a long time and I don't think I ever read a book that quite took on the subject matter of OCD like this until Turtles All the Way Down by John Green.

I don't know what reminded me of this book, I just know that it came up in conversation while I was talking with a coworker and I wanted to reread it so badly that I had to inter-library loan it from somewhere else because we didn't have a copy at our library. It's so heartbreaking but also hopeful and eye opening especially when you remember that it was written so long ago that the concept of having a name and proper diagnosis for OCD was still uncommon and the fact that it made such an impact for me after all this time really speaks highly.

No comments:

Post a Comment