Tuesday, November 4, 2014

2014 Reading: Son

Weeeee!!!! Finally found out what happened to the baby Jonas saved in the first book!!! But before I get into that further, yay Jonas and Kira getting together and having babies and shit.

Okay, so I'm really kind of glad that, in explaining what happened to the baby that Jonas escaped with in The Giver, they first explain where the baby came from. I loved going back into that world of the "perfect" society and seeing it from another perspective.

I personally feel that it was a bit of a cop out to make the figure of the Trademaster to be a pure evil entity (even going to so far as to allude that it was, in fact, Lucifer) rather than a being with abilities like Jonas, Kira, Matty, etc... It sort of put an unnecessary religious aspect to the storyline, as well as Faustian.

All in all, I'm really glad that I read these books, but I think The Giver will always be my favorite. The open ending (for me, at the time anyway) appeals to me in a way that closure can sometimes dull.

Still. Yay! On to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment