Friday, February 28, 2014

Shitty 80's Horror Movie Review: My Bloody Valentine (franchise)

This is the only series, so far, that I watched out of order. I saw the new version in a RedBox and just decided to get it on a whim. I think at the time I was already in the middle of a franchise, so I went ahead and watched it then immediately put it on the back burner so I wouldn't get confused.

My Bloody Valentine (1981)


My Bloody Valentine (2009)

Mmmmm, Jensen Ackles.

I was pleasantly surprised about the ending of each movie. Having seen the newest one where it was the prodigal son who did the killing first, I was ready for just an out-of-date identical story from the original. NOT SO!

It was a nice change and I'm glad I got to see these movies.

I think a nice change in these is that they are not relying in monsters and ghosts to do their killing, but instead is a plausible story of psychosis and revenge.

Bravo.

No comments:

Post a Comment