Sunday, February 9, 2014

Well, now what? (Or: Why I Fail As A Blogger)

Now that the videos are all done and caught up, I have no idea what I am going to do to fill the time in between my posts. I mean, yeah I still have the book blog (which is slowing down because I haven't been reading) and the shitty 80's horror movies, but that's still a lot of down time.

I suppose I can just start some random rant posts, like real bloggers do sometimes, where I talk about things that are going on and get them all out of my head and into the open so that people can ignore them more aggressively.  It's a lot easier to ignore things when they are stuck trapped in my head than it is when they are wondering free on the internet where any random click could take you to the blog of an overweight, broke, unemployed girl whines about her circumstances and also talks about movies and shows no one cares about.

NO LINK IS SAFE FROM THE BLOGS OF THE DESPERATELY DULL AND MILDLY INSANE!

Some part of me wants to make this like a diary of things that happen to me in my everyday life... but then I think about al the stuff that actually happens (see: nothing) and then realize that even if I compacted a whole week into one entry, it would still not be long enough to warrant posting. My life is decidedly boring.

OH! I royally fucked up my back last week! We can talk about that!

I slipped on some ice in the driveway (because I'm graceful like that. Also: WTF Mississippi?!) and wrenched (torqued?) my hips out of alignment. I got right back up, walked it off, and preceded to forget about it because at the time it didn't hurt and I thought I was fine. I was not.  About 3 days later (the fun and exciting day of my birthday that went horribly, horribly wrong) I could not stand up straight and could not walk.  Two days after that, I had to crawl to the bathroom, because anything even RESEMBLING horizontal was a no-no.  Finally got a ride from my sister to the coast (where my former chiropractor is located) who told me that I was fucked and then excruciating pain followed as he tried to get my spine in alignment again.

FUN!

As of today, I can actually stand up straight and walk again (albeit slowly) but it still hurts like a bitch at any other time (like sitting, or lying down). How messed up is it that LYING DOWN is one of the most painful things in the universe? I don't even have those fun and exciting pain-dampening narcotics to get me through tossing and turning in bed at night. Le sigh.

It's a good thing I can actually walk because I have another interview on Wednesday and I really don't want to miss it, plus it would really suck to have to hobble in there.  But, on the bright side, I'm keeping an open mind about this place (ANYTHING has got to be better than last week's escapade) and I also get to stay with my bestie while I'm up in Jackson.

I feel as if there is Jack Daniels and L.A. Noir in my near future.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your interview ma'am!!!! I'm rooting for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, also this is Emily.

    ReplyDelete