Sunday, May 25, 2014

2014 Reading: The Maze Runner

Let's be honest with ourselves, the only reason I even picked up The Maze Runner by James Dashner in the first place is because the movie is about to come out. A movie that stars Dylan O'Brien. Dylan O'Brien who is one of the only reasons I watch Teen Wolf. Because I wanna do awful things to him in a darkened room. Repeatedly.

But you didn't need to know that.

It's one of those books where you just have no idea what the hell is going on. Which, as it turns out, puts you in line with the main character, so you're okay! You learn WITH the characters at their pace.

If they do the movie right and don't change much, it has the potential to be a really good story. I realize that some of the aspects might be difficult to convey on camera, but it still has boatloads to offer. If they do it right. (I'm just going to enjoy the flock to barely legal dudes running around for 2 hours like the perv I am, anyway.)

The concept is a bit familiar by the end: dystopian society doing all it can to try and fix the problems that have come up by breeding and training a new hope within children.

I admit, I am still a little confused but since I know that this is a three part series, I know I've still got more to get through. As soon as I can I'll be starting the second in the series.

On to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment