Monday, January 20, 2014

Let's Talk About: Star Trek [TOS] (July 30, 2013)

I can remember as a little girl, my brother and dad would love to watch the Star Trek movies and talk about the shows.  I, being the annoying little shit that I was (am), chalked it up to stupid boy sci-fi stuff and went back to... whatever the hell I was interested in in those days. New Kids on the Block or something (but I can't really joke about that because I still like them, damnit).

It's a sad story to tell, but it wasn't until the 2009 reboot that I really started to get to know the characters and wanted to know more about where they came from.  I piled through all that I could: books, comics, the original show, movies, fanfiction, Enterprise schematics, Klingon language tutorials, Vulcan anatomy websites (THOSE were interesting)...

I should now probably seek rehab.



(Note: since posting this video, I have decided to give TNG a second chance.  It probably has everything to do with Wil Wheaton's book Just A Geek, but I'll never admit it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment