Friday, January 3, 2014

Shitty 80's Horror Movie Review: Hellraiser (franchise)

Having never seen these movies before, or reading the book, I went in with a good attitude.  I fully expected shitty graphics, bad acting, and messed up reasonings behind actions.

I was not disappointed.

We begin with the original 'Hellraiser' from 1987.

 Hellbound: Hellraiser II (1988)

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth (1992)

Hellraiser IV: Bloodline (1996)

Hellriaser V: Inferno (2000)

Hellraiser VI: Hellseeker (2002)

Hellraiser VII: Deader (2005)

Hellraiser VIII: Hellworld (2005)

Hellraiser IX: Revelations (2011)


Needless to say, I was not thrilled with the new remake.

Officially, this has become my favorite series (despite having not seen a lot at this point). I love Doug Bradley and I think that I want his voice in my brain at all times telling me to do things and then saying that I am a good girl and I deserve a reward...

...

What?

The S&M aspect of the movies appeals to my sense of sensuality in pain and I feel like this is one of those movies where the "bad guys" are really more under appreciated and blamed for giving people what they ask for even if they don't think of the consequences of their wishes.

Call me, Doug!

No comments:

Post a Comment