Friday, January 31, 2014

Shitty 80's Horror Movie Review: Ghoulies (franchise)

If there was ever a comic relief genre for horror movies in the 80's, 'Ghoulies' would be at the top.  This was one of the most ridiculous franchises I have ever seen (and coming from me, that's saying a lot).  Little things coming out of toilets, okay yeah, that might skeeve some people out, but seriously, I could think of way worse things.

Maybe it's the whole summoning-a-dark-lord-demon-thing-from-Hell aspect that gets a little tiring after a while, but I was more looking forward to the end of the movies than I was laughing about the absurdities.

Ghoulies (1985)

Ghoulies II (1989)

Ghoulies III: Ghoulies Go To College (1991)

Ghoulies IV (1994)

Gah, and don't even get me started on the 4th one. Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking? They didn't even have clever sequel names for most of them,

No comments:

Post a Comment