Saturday, July 19, 2014

2014 Reading: Crossed

This is seriously becoming one if my favorite book series. I could not put this book down. Except for work, sleep, and the occasional break to catch up on my TV shows, I was reading this book ALL. THE. TIME.

It's been a while since I had a visceral reaction to a story in a book. The first time was when I almost threw up while reading Exquisite Corpse (one of my fave books of all time), I cried during the last Harry Potter book, and I cried during The Fault In Our Stars. I've always thought that true art should cause a reaction, no matter what that action might be. When Cassia and Ky found each other in the canyon, I had to shut the book and hug it to my chest for a minute before I could continue.

I am starting the third one this very minute and I cannot wait to see how it ends. At this point, it could go either way. I'm not even making any predictions about this, I just want to be taken along for the ride.

Whee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment