Thursday, July 17, 2014

2014 Reading: Matched

I. Love. This. Book.

Imagine if The Giver, 1984, and Farenheit 451 had a love child. That is this book. Also, I swear it's like a really good fanfiction (seriously, I think I read a fanfiction that had this basic premise once) and I mean that in the best possible way.

I don't know what it is lately, but the plots of some of these new young adult books are FAR more interesting than most of the adult books I've come across.

I don't know what it says about me that I like this kind of book. People living their perfect lives in ignorant bliss and then finding out that the world is just a big pile of shit and they've been happily wallowing in it for years. They finally see the cogs that run the machine and who is behind it all. Ugh. I love it.

Maybe it's part of the schadenfreude. I want to see people's perfect existences crumble right before their eyes and make them face the fact that the truth has been staring them in the face for the longest time.

I already have the second and third waiting for me (I learned my lesson with Maze Runner) so I can just jump right in. I CANNOT WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment