Sunday, July 13, 2014

2014 Reading: Summer of Fear

I promised myself I would finish these tiny books as quickly as possible. So, with nothing to do on my day off, I sped through this one.

I called the ending by page 24. Sure, they added a supernatural aspect to it, but my hypothesis was still the same and I was right on all counts.  It was kind of a predictable story line when you think about it.  All the supernatural element did was make the choices and actions of some of the characters more easily forgivable.

Seriously, though... Did teenagers really talk like that back then? I mean, really? Is there evidence of this somewhere? Some bit of unscripted film footage that I could look at and finally know for sure if people from the 60's really did talk like that? I would really like to know.

Yeah, these books are fun if you just want something short to read and you can finish them really quickly before forgetting all about it and start on something completely different.

I'm thinking of it as a kind of mind-sorbet. Cleanses the mental-pallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment