Tuesday, July 22, 2014

2014 Reading: A Stolen Life

This book was kind of hard to get through. Not because of the writing or grammar or anything, but just he subject matter. I know that I talk a lot about loving serial killers and how I find them fascinating and a little bit sexy (but not in a creepy way), but this kind of thing... when it's about a child... I just couldn't read it for very long at one time. I found myself talking a few breaks over the day and just going to do something else.

I really admire Jaycee. She is far stronger than I would have been if I were in her shoes. It makes me think about all the things she missed out on: school, prom, first boyfriend/heartbreak, going to a teen party and getting drunk for the first time... making stupid teenage mistakes that we all make in the process of growing up into the people we are bound to become.

I made the mistake of beginning this entry while listening to sad, dramatic piano music("Finding Balance" by Michele McLaughlin) and though I realize it's silly, I feel a little nostalgic for childhood. I know that my childhood was nothing grand to write home about, but I would gladly give it to her if I could. Mistakes and all.

I honestly don't know what else I can say about this book.

I'm glad that I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment