Saturday, July 12, 2014

2014 Reading: Ransom

GLENN IS A SOCIOPATH!

Seriously, if anything with this book stuck with me, it's the fact that the Glenn character is a fucking sociopath to the highest degree and should probably be in therapy and DEFINITELY be in jail. Wow.

But anyway... I wanted something lighter for a little while so I got three more of the tiny Lois Duncan books to fill in the gaps before I started another major book.

Man, one theme that keeps coming back to me as I read her stuff is that kids just DON'T talk like that. I don't even know if they ever did, even if it was in 1966. If they did, then I feel so inferior to them. By, like, a lot.

Once again, this book left me wanting to know what happened to the characters after the action died down. I wanted to see if Jesse and Dexter got together, I wanted to see what happened after Bruce found out his brother was a fucking psycho and decided to not cover for him anymore.

THESE ARE THINGS I NEED TO KNOW, LOIS! For my sanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment